Conventional businesses require substantial funds to get you started. Owners have to look for the correct location, pay rent, allot money for wages, spend on utilities and pay for insurance.
It is a whole lot different with online business. Anybody can access your website so you need not worry about location. However, you do need to help users get to your site. This is why advertising your page is crucial to get traffic.
The amount of ways to increase website traffic seem overwhelming, especially to a novice. Big companies hire agencies and programmers to generate traffic to their website.
If you are looking to drive traffic to your website, here are five tested and proven ways to get you started:
- Find Publications and Newsletters about Your Field.
Get advertised by finding already published newsletters relating to your line of business. Introducing your service or products is not enough. You have to make sure you reach the right market. By publishing write-ups or reviews of your service to the same line of business, you seek out people already interested in what you have to offer.
Your submission should consist of your resource box so that you can include a link to your personal newsletter. This helps visitors find you in the long run.
- Invest in Your Site Content.
Take a step back and review your website content objectively. This lets you evaluate the substance of your website. Remember that search engines would rate your website according to key phrases.
Make sure that users find you by making your site rich in key words. Internet users key in these words or phrases when finding a service or resource online. What would prospective clients type in order to find you? Finding the right keywords will not only help people locate your site, it is also a sure way to climb your way up the page ranks of prominent search engines like Google and Yahoo.
- Be Known in Communities and Forums of Your Line of Business
One way to earn the trust of prospective clients is to offer your knowledge in forums and online communities. Being proactive in online discussions opens a venue where you meet like-minded individuals who are interested in your business. It also keeps you up to date on the latest issues regarding your field. It gets you right in the hub of what is happening, what users need, and what you can do to supply these needs. By helping people resolve their concerns, you give them a chance to get to know the services you offer. It is easy for users to trust your products and service if they have first-hand experience of your trustworthiness.
- Exchange Links with Other Websites of the Same or Complimentary Fields. Help boost your web traffic by helping others boost theirs. Despite the tough competition in marketing, it helps to find webmasters who will promote your service and products in exchange of endorsing theirs. This is an all-win situation wherein you get more traffic to your website while you direct your own visitors to services that would complement yours.
- Submit Write-Ups to Article Directories Free of Charge. Write an article rich in key phrases that would best link to your website and submit to free article directories. Including a resource box in your article will give visitors a reason to check out your website after reading your write-ups.
Online business may be less costly compared to conventional business but the amount of time you invest should be the same, if not more. These advertising ideas are easy enough to be applied by beginners but they are effective ways to drive quality web traffic to your site.